OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

What handcuffs did Blanche Barrow wear?

7 visible archived posts ยท 7 preserved total ยท topic ID 5727
Original topic โ†—Recovered images
Atame 10 Aug 2014
#1
Hello,

recently I saw a TV-documentary about Bonnie and Clyde with pictures of their fellow Blanche Barrow, when being arrested. And I would like to know, which handcuffs model they put her on. It looked like a Darby or Bean. I only found a very small picture.


On an other picture she wears Tower's.
http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/app ... 0&Border=0
But I am very sure that these are not the same restraints!

Best regards,
Guenter
grenchat 10 Aug 2014
#2
Greetings from the U.S.A., Guenter!

It's kind of hard to tell what Blanche is wearing in the first photo, but she's quite comely wearing her Towers in the second photo.

Aah... the good ol' days of yore...

Jason

Atame 10 Aug 2014
#3
Hello,

recently I saw a TV-documentary about Bonnie and Clyde with pictures of their fellow Blanche Barrow, when being arrested. And I would like to know, which handcuffs model they put her on. It looked like a Darby or Bean. I only found a very small picture.


On an other picture she wears Tower's.
http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/app ... 0&Border=0
But I am very sure that these are not the same restraints!

Best regards,
Guenter
Click to expand...
I did not think that it is not possible to find a large version of the first picture in the Web. I saw it shortly on my 55" TV screen and I first thought that it might be Darby handcuffs. Meanwhile I think that Bean Cobb or Patrolman might be more likely.

But I hope that someone here has or finds a larger version of the picture.

Best regards,
Guenter
grenchat 11 Aug 2014
#4
Hello,

recently I saw a TV-documentary about Bonnie and Clyde with pictures of their fellow Blanche Barrow, when being arrested. And I would like to know, which handcuffs model they put her on. It looked like a Darby or Bean. I only found a very small picture.


On an other picture she wears Tower's.
http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/app ... 0&Border=0
But I am very sure that these are not the same restraints!

Best regards,
Guenter
Click to expand...
Here's the documentary if anyone wants to try and crop a still image of the arrest scene.

Regards,
Jason

Unknown / guest 11 Aug 2014
#5
Hello,

recently I saw a TV-documentary about Bonnie and Clyde with pictures of their fellow Blanche Barrow, when being arrested. And I would like to know, which handcuffs model they put her on. It looked like a Darby or Bean. I only found a very small picture.


On an other picture she wears Tower's.
http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/app ... 0&Border=0
But I am very sure that these are not the same restraints!

Best regards,
Guenter
Click to expand...
Okay, I just watched this documentary again and I now believe that the cuffs in question are in fact darby style. You can watch the video in full-screen mode and hit pause @ 39โ€™ 34โ€ to see an enlarged view of the cuffs Blanche is wearing when finally captured.

Best,
Jason

Atame 11 Aug 2014
#6
Hello,

recently I saw a TV-documentary about Bonnie and Clyde with pictures of their fellow Blanche Barrow, when being arrested. And I would like to know, which handcuffs model they put her on. It looked like a Darby or Bean. I only found a very small picture.


On an other picture she wears Tower's.
http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/app ... 0&Border=0
But I am very sure that these are not the same restraints!

Best regards,
Guenter
Click to expand...
Great, Jason, thank you!

Here it is:



Best regards,
Guenter
Anonymous 11 Aug 2014
#7
Hello,

recently I saw a TV-documentary about Bonnie and Clyde with pictures of their fellow Blanche Barrow, when being arrested. And I would like to know, which handcuffs model they put her on. It looked like a Darby or Bean. I only found a very small picture.


On an other picture she wears Tower's.
http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/app ... 0&Border=0
But I am very sure that these are not the same restraints!

Best regards,
Guenter
Click to expand...
Wisner hoyt??