OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Bar Cuffs

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 5822
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Paul Davies 27 Nov 2014
#1
Joe, since you have featured a Bar Cuff in promoting your wonderful new downloadable Gallery, I thought others might be interested in the mechanism of the bar Cuffs, assuming they are all similar. It has a very simple slider and spring. In this instance the lock case is attached by 2 screws.

Pictured is one made by William Palfreman, a whitesmith from Retford. It is marked Worksop Parish and I believe it is dated 1816, with the 18 on one bow and 16 on the other.

[/IMG]
lauher 27 Nov 2014
#2
Paul
What a great picture and a great find. A new maker that I have never heard of. Nice.
It is indeed a simple mechanism.
Joe
Joshua 28 Nov 2014
#3
Joe, since you have featured a Bar Cuff in promoting your wonderful new downloadable Gallery, I thought others might be interested in the mechanism of the bar Cuffs, assuming they are all similar. It has a very simple slider and spring. In this instance the lock case is attached by 2 screws.

Pictured is one made by William Palfreman, a whitesmith from Retford. It is marked Worksop Parish and I believe it is dated 1816, with the 18 on one bow and 16 on the other.

[/IMG]
I concur Paul, what a wonderful cuff and it significantly differs from mine. Obviously since Joe was not aware of such maker, I sure as heck had never heard of him. Many thanks for sharing the photo!