OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

My ebay find of the year 2014

13 visible archived posts · 13 preserved total · topic ID 5835
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Michael Busch 23 Dec 2014
#1
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
ronspitz 23 Dec 2014
#2
Great find and I'm glad you did not post the buy it now price. Enjoy!!

Ron
Damon Shields 23 Dec 2014
#3
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
Awesome find Michael. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!
holstcollection 23 Dec 2014
#4
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
Hi Michael,

Congratulations!!

This is probably the best "Buy it now" on eBay I've ever heard of and it will likely be impossible to beat. Not only in 2014!

Most sellers nowadays Google and research their items carefully before listing them on eBay or in private auctions which mean
if there is a "Buy it now", the price is usually far above the real value.

Finding good stuff on eBay is like searching for a needle in a haystack as 99,99% of all listings in our topic are just garbage;
Paki reproductions, modern cuffs, sex toys etc.

Enjoy your great finding!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Lars





Anonymous 23 Dec 2014
#5
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
nothing wrong with sex toys
Atame 23 Dec 2014
#6
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
Incredible! Congratulations!

How much??? Sorry, but I really have to know this and I am sure that everybody else here is curious, too!

Regards and happy Xmas!
Guenter
Anonymous 24 Dec 2014
#7
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
Merry christmas, Michael.

You sure just ruined other peoples'. Thanks for posting on this fine day.
Michael Busch 24 Dec 2014
#8
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
Hi again,

and thank you very much for your input! For those who want to have a look here is the ebay auction number: 400825288450

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2015!

Michael
Joshua 24 Dec 2014
#9
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
REMARKABLE!! That's the find of a lifetime and couldn't have gone to a nicer guy...Congrats Michael!
lauher 24 Dec 2014
#10
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
Michael
What a great find. Glad you got it.
Merry Christmas
Joe
Michael Busch 26 Dec 2014
#11
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
Thank you very much, Joshua and Joe!

Merry Christmas!

Michael
Maxwell 29 Dec 2014
#12
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
Congratulations Michael, For sure you were on "Pins and Needles" anxiously awaiting your items arrival.

I'm glad it worked out for you.
Michael Busch 29 Dec 2014
#13
Hi everyone,

possibly it is a bit early to talk about the year's best ebay find on December 23, but I am quite sure that the lot, which the postman brought me yesterday, is hardly to top.

Sunday last week I was browsing ebay.de for handcuffs when I came across an auction with this picture:



After magnifying the pic it took me a split second to realize what I had found, and I think I never before put in an ebay buy-it-now bid that fast, and also the payment went out right away!

The seller was a bid slow on finally getting the stuff into the mail, so it took a week, until I received that heavy box yesterday. The items I received are:

- a Mühlenfeld Berliner, luckily a style I did not have yet

- a Dortmunder

- a solid Hiatt darby leg-iron

- a Hiatt darby chain leg-iron

- a rather tiny Hiatt Irish 8

- a Hiatt plug 8

- two pairs of Hiatt adjustable darbies

- a Hiatt snap

- a Mattatuck

- an earlier Rivolier


All of the items were somewhat rusted, but luckily just superficially. Last night I started the cleaning and began with the Berliner. Here it is before...



... and here after cleaning and oiling.




Here the solid leg-iron. The uncleaned handcuff is for size comparison.






Obviously all these restraints were not taken care for for quite a while, so they quite probably were not part of a collection. I found the mix of German, British, an American and a French restraint remarkable, and as the seller sits in Berlin, it is my guess that these cuffs and leg-irons once were used in a prison in West-Berlin after WW II under the rule of the allied forces.

I will clean the other items when I have the time and post a few more pics then.

Best wishes to you all

Michael
Click to expand...
Thank you very much, Maxwell! You are right, it felt like an eternity until that box finally arrived. Luckily it did not get lost! Best wishes for 2015!