OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Hiatt Push-button

9 visible archived posts · 9 preserved total · topic ID 5879
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Paul Davies 04 Mar 2015
#1
Can anyone tell me about these so-called prototype (or limited run) handcuffs from the 80s. I believe they were discontinued very quickly. Not sure about numbers produced.

Paul

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Mark Lyons 04 Mar 2015
#2
Paul,
Please check to see if these are aluminum light weight cuffs.
I realize that you may not be possession of them yet but the pair I have is very light and I have them listed as a Hiatt Snap-on model 3020.
Hope this helps.

mark
O--O
Mark Lyons 04 Mar 2015
#3
Can anyone tell me about these so-called prototype (or limited run) handcuffs from the 80s. I believe they were discontinued very quickly. Not sure about numbers produced.

Paul

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Paul,
I just noticed that mine has the ditched bows whereas yours do not.
This may change things a bit.

Mark
O--O
Anonymous 04 Mar 2015
#4
Can anyone tell me about these so-called prototype (or limited run) handcuffs from the 80s. I believe they were discontinued very quickly. Not sure about numbers produced.

Paul

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/r ... l-push-pin
Anonymous 04 Mar 2015
#5
Can anyone tell me about these so-called prototype (or limited run) handcuffs from the 80s. I believe they were discontinued very quickly. Not sure about numbers produced.

Paul

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
http://www.network54.com/Forum/261154/t ... ted+finish
Paul 04 Mar 2015
#6
Can anyone tell me about these so-called prototype (or limited run) handcuffs from the 80s. I believe they were discontinued very quickly. Not sure about numbers produced.

Paul

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks for the input. I knew one of you long-time collectors would know more about these. They also do not have a serial number and I don't know yet whether they are lightweight.
Cheers
blackburn 05 Mar 2015
#7
Can anyone tell me about these so-called prototype (or limited run) handcuffs from the 80s. I believe they were discontinued very quickly. Not sure about numbers produced.

Paul

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
These are either a 2020 which is the steel model or the 3020 which is aluminum or stelloy. I have never seen a model like this that didn't have the single strand ditched, but the body of the cuff has it so I'm puzzled. Another thing about these is they have the older hiatt swivels which is common for the 2020 and 3020. Lastly, the end of the single strand should be rather pointy. I cannot tell from these pictures if your set is like this, but I have no doubt that it is. Nice find!!!
Paul 03 Apr 2015
#8
Can anyone tell me about these so-called prototype (or limited run) handcuffs from the 80s. I believe they were discontinued very quickly. Not sure about numbers produced.

Paul

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Via USPS and 23 days later, I can tell you that these are not the lightweight model - and so are closer to model 2020. It came with the Hiatt "Shield" Key.
The Bows are not unusual in shape except that the groove is missing as previously stated. The bows also appear to be in their raw state ie not plated and the links are not welded. There are no guides inside for the absent grooves. These do appear to me to be a prototype - as advertised.
Paul
ChuckII 03 Apr 2015
#9
Can anyone tell me about these so-called prototype (or limited run) handcuffs from the 80s. I believe they were discontinued very quickly. Not sure about numbers produced.

Paul

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Paul, you may want to see if a magnet will stick to them, just in case.

--Chuck