Nils
#1The Forum at Handcuffs.Org
Weird Plug 8 Handcuff
2 visible archived posts · 2 preserved total · topic ID 5924
cuffman69
#2Hi Nils,
A nice cuff for your collection.
Looking at your pictures I think that the plug and keys may possibly be a later modification to a standard plug8. Perhaps the plug and key were lost as I think that the lock tube may have been re taped and a new plug made to fit. The threads on the plug seems to be less course than normal. One key acts as a screwdriver and the other I guess will be able to fully enter the lock tube and engage the "captive nut" without having to initially screw it in as normal.
Assuming I'm right it looks a skilled job to prolong the useful life of the cuffs and may have been done more than 100 years ago which to me, adds an interest to them.
Just my theory !!!
Regards,
Mark (RMP)
A nice cuff for your collection.
Looking at your pictures I think that the plug and keys may possibly be a later modification to a standard plug8. Perhaps the plug and key were lost as I think that the lock tube may have been re taped and a new plug made to fit. The threads on the plug seems to be less course than normal. One key acts as a screwdriver and the other I guess will be able to fully enter the lock tube and engage the "captive nut" without having to initially screw it in as normal.
Assuming I'm right it looks a skilled job to prolong the useful life of the cuffs and may have been done more than 100 years ago which to me, adds an interest to them.
Just my theory !!!
Regards,
Mark (RMP)
