OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Stotz Handcuff for Sale

8 visible archived posts · 8 preserved total · topic ID 5930
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Nils 12 Jul 2015
#1

Gentlemen,

I have this vintage Stotz handcuff for Sale. No key. To me this appears to be the long(er) barrel version. No guarantee on that though.

Please e-mail me with your offer if interested. I understand repro keys are still available online. Looking for $400, or best offer.
(That means if I have several people interested, I will let you know the highest bid). I'd like to conclude this by the end of the week.

Selling because we need to install new oil tanks.

Kind regards
Nils




Nils 23 Jul 2015
#2

They have been sold and are on the way to a new home.

Thank you!
Nils 23 Jul 2015
#3
Gentlemen,

I have this vintage Stotz handcuff for Sale. No key. To me this appears to be the long(er) barrel version. No guarantee on that though.

Please e-mail me with your offer if interested. I understand repro keys are still available online. Looking for $400, or best offer.
(That means if I have several people interested, I will let you know the highest bid). I'd like to conclude this by the end of the week.

Selling because we need to install new oil tanks.

Kind regards
Nils




Click to expand...
And, as always, ebay will be sitting my money for another 3 weeks.

Here's why:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cuihdt?from ... 4ebaeee048


While you establish your selling track record, buyer payments may be delayed. These funds will generally be available once:
- It’s been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
- You’ve had more than 25 sales transactions with US buyers, and
- You’ve had more than $250 in sales

Here are a few other reasons why your payments may be delayed:
- You have a Below Standard rating in your Seller Dashboard.
- You've started selling in a new category.
- Your account shows unusual activity, such as a sudden increase of eBay Buyer Protection cases.
- You need to add tracking information to My eBay or to an eBay Buyer Protection case.
- You can see the status of your funds in My eBay and find out what you can do to get your funds more quickly by clicking the button at the bottom of this message.


They don't care that I have more than 1000 transactions, or have been with ebay for 15 years, or have spent tens of thousands of $$$ with them. Turns out, by transactions they actuall mean "sales". And those "sales" have to have been with US buyers. Since I've only sold 12 items on ebay.com, I need to sell another 13 before they will let me have my money instantly.

Here is the definition of the word "transaction", by the way:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/transaction

So, to me that means instead of selling 12 more things on ebay.com, I will preferably be doing my business elsewhere.

This is my opinion. If you're a seller outside the US, draw your own conclusions.



holstcollection 23 Jul 2015
#4
Gentlemen,

I have this vintage Stotz handcuff for Sale. No key. To me this appears to be the long(er) barrel version. No guarantee on that though.

Please e-mail me with your offer if interested. I understand repro keys are still available online. Looking for $400, or best offer.
(That means if I have several people interested, I will let you know the highest bid). I'd like to conclude this by the end of the week.

Selling because we need to install new oil tanks.

Kind regards
Nils




Click to expand...
Hi Nils,

I totally agree with you as I have the same experience. I also got my money frozen in my last (!!) sale. Freezing the seller's funds is a smart way to earn some interest as quite some money will be "locked up" for a period of time.

The way ebay is acting is a very good way to keep non US sellers away. I do have some cuffs for sale but they will NOT be listed on ebay due to the circumstances mentioned. This is a pity as ebay used to be fun back in time.


Cheers,

Lars
Mark Lyons 28 Jul 2015
#5
Gentlemen,

I have this vintage Stotz handcuff for Sale. No key. To me this appears to be the long(er) barrel version. No guarantee on that though.

Please e-mail me with your offer if interested. I understand repro keys are still available online. Looking for $400, or best offer.
(That means if I have several people interested, I will let you know the highest bid). I'd like to conclude this by the end of the week.

Selling because we need to install new oil tanks.

Kind regards
Nils




Click to expand...
What kind of cuffs does Lars have for sale?


mark
O--O
holstcollection 30 Jul 2015
#6
Gentlemen,

I have this vintage Stotz handcuff for Sale. No key. To me this appears to be the long(er) barrel version. No guarantee on that though.

Please e-mail me with your offer if interested. I understand repro keys are still available online. Looking for $400, or best offer.
(That means if I have several people interested, I will let you know the highest bid). I'd like to conclude this by the end of the week.

Selling because we need to install new oil tanks.

Kind regards
Nils




Click to expand...
There are only ordinary cuffs Mark, nothing you really need I guess:

Clejuso leg irons. Mint
Prov. Tool handcuffs without a key
Harvard, handcuffs and leg irons
Iron Claw with pouch, Jay Pee version. Mint
Hiatt 1960
Hiatt 2010, hinged. M/B
W. Parbst & son, mint.
S&W Model 90, blue. Mint
Bean Cobb

Tower Double Lock, chain version. Close to mint and likely unused.

All cuffs, except from the Tower, belong to a friend who is cleaning out his collection.


I probably will start a new thread with photos and prices.

If someone is interested, send me an email; [email protected]


Lars

www.holstcollection.com




Mark Lyons 31 Jul 2015
#7
Gentlemen,

I have this vintage Stotz handcuff for Sale. No key. To me this appears to be the long(er) barrel version. No guarantee on that though.

Please e-mail me with your offer if interested. I understand repro keys are still available online. Looking for $400, or best offer.
(That means if I have several people interested, I will let you know the highest bid). I'd like to conclude this by the end of the week.

Selling because we need to install new oil tanks.

Kind regards
Nils




Click to expand...
Lars and Nils and any of my Euro friends.

I don't know if this is an option that will help you, but I would be happy to post any cuffs that you want to sell here on the US eBay and I could explain that the cuffs will be mailed out from Germany, Sweden, Belgium, etc.
If the buyer is European, you can send direct to the address.
If the buyer is in the States, I would notify that the shipping is higher and will take a while longer as it is coming from your part of the world.

Not sure if this is worth the effort but I am willing to help you out with this problem.
If interested, you could send the pics and description to me and I will post it under my account.

I would not expect anything other than a thank you. Well, maybe a beer and a pretzel when I see you.


Mark
O--O
Nils 04 Aug 2015
#8
Gentlemen,

I have this vintage Stotz handcuff for Sale. No key. To me this appears to be the long(er) barrel version. No guarantee on that though.

Please e-mail me with your offer if interested. I understand repro keys are still available online. Looking for $400, or best offer.
(That means if I have several people interested, I will let you know the highest bid). I'd like to conclude this by the end of the week.

Selling because we need to install new oil tanks.

Kind regards
Nils




Click to expand...
I also have this rare Presto Lyon for Sale, with original key. In working condition.

Asking $325 plus $15 shipping to the US.

nils.krueger (at) web (dot) de

Kind regards
Nils