OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Houdini Exhibit To Open In Budapest

2 visible archived posts · 2 preserved total · topic ID 6021
Original topic ↗Recovered images
Mark Lyons 16 Jan 2016
#1

As you know, Houdini was born in Budapest on Mar 24, 1874 at this location.
In another blog, I wrote that Budapest never had a statue, museum, or any type of tribute to one of its most famous citizens.




I have learned that this will change in 10 days (Jan 26, 16). This preliminary exhibit has been planned by David Merlini, a great escape artist and magician who lives very close by.



This temporary exhibit will be followed by a permanent exhibit which will open on Houdini's birthday this March 24, 16.


The Houdini House will be located at the back of this Castle, the Fisherman's Bastion.



http://houdinihousebudapest.com/

I have been asked to present a lecture of Houdini cuffs when I can make it back to the wonderful city of Budapest.

I can hardly wait !!!

Mark
O--O
Mark Lyons 08 Jan 2017
#2


http://www.reuters.com/article/us-hunga ... SKBN1491PQ

There is a picture of some cuffs in a display which is marked Hiatt. They are clearly Pak Crap and I have written to the curator, David Merlini about this.
I may gift him with a real pair when I visit after the summer.

The venue is on the small side but is done extremely well.


Mark
O--O