OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Can you identify this Darby Handcuff?

2 visible archived posts · 2 preserved total · topic ID 6309
Original topic ↗Recovered images
stevech 10 Feb 2017
#1
This Darby cuff has no name, but it does have a "441" and a very faint "HARD" stamped on one bow. The end caps are pinned. The key is one I made to fit. The lock post is 1/4 inch diameter by 12 Threads per inch. I threaded a drill rod with the correct TPI and made that into a tap. I then turned the key body, cut the internal thread and welded on the handle. I can clean up the welds to improve the appearance.

Can anyone identify a maker and general date for this cuff?





Paul Davies 10 Feb 2017
#2
Could be made by what were known as "Saturday Nighters", that is, employees making their own cuffs after hours. Looks like any Hiatt, Froggatt etc.
Paul