OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Barn Hinge Lilly Style Irons

3 visible archived posts · 3 preserved total · topic ID 6486
Original topic ↗Recovered images
djhalfdead 13 Dec 2017
#1
I worked a deal with a guy in Oregon, to purchase his set of Boer War Figure 8s. We made the deal and I got them. For the price of shipping, he included a set of homemade Lilly Style Irons. They look to be made from old barn hinges. Crude, but effective! I may put slight bends in the ends of the cuff arms to get it to close up a little better. Just an interesting piece to add to the collection, since I will probably never get a real Lilly Iron! LOL! Ahhhh...one can still dream. Hope everybody gets to find that one special treasure for their collections, this next coming year! Cheers, everyone!
-Richard Knip-



Ian mcColl 14 Dec 2017
#2
what a great piece, I wonder what rural town these were made in and for who or what reason. maybe a long process of going thru hardware catalogue would give a date.
djhalfdead 14 Dec 2017
#3
I worked a deal with a guy in Oregon, to purchase his set of Boer War Figure 8s. We made the deal and I got them. For the price of shipping, he included a set of homemade Lilly Style Irons. They look to be made from old barn hinges. Crude, but effective! I may put slight bends in the ends of the cuff arms to get it to close up a little better. Just an interesting piece to add to the collection, since I will probably never get a real Lilly Iron! LOL! Ahhhh...one can still dream. Hope everybody gets to find that one special treasure for their collections, this next coming year! Cheers, everyone!
-Richard Knip-



Click to expand...
Thanks Ian! Im not sure to their origin or purpose for creation? I will have to try to send an email to the gentleman I got them from and see if he can give me any backstory on them. Im kind of curious, myself.
-Richard Knip-