OnlyCuffsOnlyCuffsarchive search
The Forum at Handcuffs.Org

Mis-stamped Peerless

7 visible archived posts ยท 7 preserved total ยท topic ID 6521
Original topic โ†—Recovered images
djhalfdead 28 Feb 2018
#1
These turned up recently. I have emails from Chris at Peerless. He says these are the only ones he has ever seen! Notice the 1916 Patent date. 1916? Peerless never had a 1916 patent date for the post key style cuffs! It should read "1915." This was a mistake, done at the factory. No idea on how many could be out there? Check your cuffs closely, maybe you have one? Side note: Today I got another set in with the same stamp. So, we know of 2 cuffs marked like this so far.
-Richard Knip-



dltvette 28 Feb 2018
#2
I believe this is a 5 based on the straight line across the top.
The bottom of the 5 appears to be somewhat closed at the bottom.
Your close-up also appears to be an over-stamp unless that is just a shadow.
Here is one with 5's & 6's stamped and you can see the difference.
Dave

[url[/img][/url]

djhalfdead 28 Feb 2018
#3
These turned up recently. I have emails from Chris at Peerless. He says these are the only ones he has ever seen! Notice the 1916 Patent date. 1916? Peerless never had a 1916 patent date for the post key style cuffs! It should read "1915." This was a mistake, done at the factory. No idea on how many could be out there? Check your cuffs closely, maybe you have one? Side note: Today I got another set in with the same stamp. So, we know of 2 cuffs marked like this so far.
-Richard Knip-



I believe it was a type of "over stamp or double stamping" that occurred. I appreciate the pics for comparison. Still and interesting factory mistake. There has to be more of these out there, before thy noticed it and corrected it?
-Richard Knip-
dltvette 28 Feb 2018
#4
These turned up recently. I have emails from Chris at Peerless. He says these are the only ones he has ever seen! Notice the 1916 Patent date. 1916? Peerless never had a 1916 patent date for the post key style cuffs! It should read "1915." This was a mistake, done at the factory. No idea on how many could be out there? Check your cuffs closely, maybe you have one? Side note: Today I got another set in with the same stamp. So, we know of 2 cuffs marked like this so far.
-Richard Knip-



Here is one where the 5 is almost closed.
Dave

[url[/img][/url]
Unknown / guest 28 Feb 2018
#5
These turned up recently. I have emails from Chris at Peerless. He says these are the only ones he has ever seen! Notice the 1916 Patent date. 1916? Peerless never had a 1916 patent date for the post key style cuffs! It should read "1915." This was a mistake, done at the factory. No idea on how many could be out there? Check your cuffs closely, maybe you have one? Side note: Today I got another set in with the same stamp. So, we know of 2 cuffs marked like this so far.
-Richard Knip-



Sorry, try this one. Have a hard time finding a good size image.
Dave

[url[/img][/url]
djhalfdead 28 Feb 2018
#6
These turned up recently. I have emails from Chris at Peerless. He says these are the only ones he has ever seen! Notice the 1916 Patent date. 1916? Peerless never had a 1916 patent date for the post key style cuffs! It should read "1915." This was a mistake, done at the factory. No idea on how many could be out there? Check your cuffs closely, maybe you have one? Side note: Today I got another set in with the same stamp. So, we know of 2 cuffs marked like this so far.
-Richard Knip-



Yes. The 5 is very close. Wonder if this was maybe after the stamp had been used a bit and wasnt as sharp edged? Progressively,getting worse as time went on? On Imgur.com, for images, i select the "Huge Thumbnail" option to get the first pic size I posted. Hope that helps with future pics.
-Richard Knip-
dltvette 28 Feb 2018
#7
These turned up recently. I have emails from Chris at Peerless. He says these are the only ones he has ever seen! Notice the 1916 Patent date. 1916? Peerless never had a 1916 patent date for the post key style cuffs! It should read "1915." This was a mistake, done at the factory. No idea on how many could be out there? Check your cuffs closely, maybe you have one? Side note: Today I got another set in with the same stamp. So, we know of 2 cuffs marked like this so far.
-Richard Knip-



Here is one a little closer.
Agree on stamp getting worn.
Thanks for the tip on image size.
Dave

[url[/img][/url]